I have changed my settings, and now I can't start osu! or it freezes.
Some computer configurations can get affected by unusual configurations with largely unknown causes. If you happen to change your settings into state that osu! is unusable, there is still possibility to recover osu! without reinstalling.
Fixing osu! using recovery dialog:
- Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
- While holding Shift, double click the osu! icon on your desktop.
- Continue holding Shift until you see the recovery dialog prompt. From there, change your settings to the last known working configuration for you.
If you don't remember what your settings were before, you can use the most optimal configuration below.
- Resolution: Your monitor's native resolution. Your native resolution will have "(native)" written behind the dimensions in the drop-down menu.
- Frame Limiter: 120fps
- Renderer: Check the Compatibility Mode checkbox.
- Release Stream: Stable (Latest).